Tree Removal & Replacement Program
Tree Planting Tips
To reduce the need for tree pruning or removal, be sure you choose an appropriate tree for the space.
Some things to keep in mind as you're planting:
- Low-growing trees (under 25 feet when mature) may be planted adjacent to overhead power lines.
- Plant tall-growing trees (over 25 feet when mature) at least 25 feet away from overhead power lines.
- Trees that grow taller than 35 feet when mature should be planted 50 feet away from overhead lines.
- Plant trees and shrubs at least 10 feet away from ground mounted transformers.
- Contact Blue Stakes or the Utility Notification Center of Colorado to locate underground utilities before you dig.