Here are some safety tips for when you are dealing with outages:
- Report downed power lines immediately
- Stay away from downed power lines. Never go near them or touch them
- Warn others to stay away from downed power lines
- Never try to remove a tree branch or object from power lines
- When in a vehicle near downed power lines STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE
- Tell others to stay in their vehicle as well
- If you have to leave your vehicle for emergency reasons, locate a side of the vehicle away from the downed power lines then jump from the vehicle with both feet at the same time.
Please have the following information ready if possible:
- THE NAME ON YOUR ACCOUNT
- POLE TAG # ON YOUR TRANSFORMER POLE OR YOUR UNDERGROUND TRANSFORMER # (EXAMPLE: R12345 OR UG1234)
- PHYSICAL ADDRESS
- PHONE NUMBER YOU CAN BE CONTACTED ON
- YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER
We have a crew on call 24/7 and strive for prompt response times to help keep your power on. You can report an outage by calling our main office at (435) 722-5400 and pressing 6, or by logging into the smarthub app and reporting it there.
(After logging in select ☰ → Report An Issue/Inquiry → Power Outage)