History


Moon Lake Electric was organized in 1938 as a rural electric cooperative by residents of Northeastern Utah who were unable to obtain electric service from a private power company.

S.K. Daniels, an early pioneer of Moon Lake Electric, wrote a letter to the Rural Electrification Administration in Washington, inquiring about possible loan funds to enable residents to begin construction of lines and equipment. Soon a non-profit corporation was formed and funds were approved, allowing residents to get started with building their own power system.

At the present time, Moon Lake employs 91 full-time employees, 5 part-time employees, and furnishes power to over 19,000 member accounts in Northeastern Utah and Western Colorado. Moon Lake's headquarters office is located in Roosevelt, UT, with district offices in Duchesne, Utah, and in Rangely, Colorado.

Click the Image Below to View our History Book

Placeholder image

The Moon Lake Electric History Book
Copyright © 2013 by Moon Lake Electric Association, Inc.
All rights reserved, including the right to reproduce this work in any form whatsoever without permission in writing from the publisher.